Executive Director, Kensington North Watersheds Association
The Kensington North Watersheds Association is one of the Islands leading watershed groups and is seeking a new full time executive director. An individual who is passionate about protecting and improving our watersheds and our environment, is result oriented and has strong leadership abilities would be an ideal candidate. Under directions from its board, the executive director will work closely with partners, governmental agencies, and other organizations to carry out the mission and strategic plan of the Kensington North Watersheds Association. It is also the responsibility of the executive director to ensure that funding is available to carry out these programs and day to day operations of the Association. The Kensington North Watersheds Association offers a competitive wage and a benefit package.
Location: Kensington, PE
Estimated start date: October 2021
Preferred Candidates will have the Following Qualifications:
● Minimum 3 years of related work experience.
● Strong communication skills
● Strong computer skills, i.e. Word, Excel, information management
● Project management experience.
● Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
● A home office/workspace
● Ability to work with minimal supervision.
● Experience applying for funding and grants.
● Experience supervising and hiring employees.
● Must have good interpersonal skills.
● Willing to work a flexible schedule. (Some evenings, weekends, holidays)
● Knowledge of agriculture, watershed management, tree planting and geomatics would be considered an asset.
● Degree or diploma in environmental sciences or related field would be an asset.
● Apply for government funding programs and grants.
● Hire and supervise staff members.
● Plan and coordinate the delivery of multiple projects from start to finish.
● Organize all project related paperwork and forms to apply for and document projects.
● Develop and manage annual budget.
● Work with board chair to prepare for meetings.
● Assist in recruit and maintaining board members.
● Connect with community, government, businesses, schools, other organizations, and stakeholders.
● Other duties as required.
The Kensington North Watersheds Association is a not-for-profit organization. Our mission is to preserve and protect the watersheds of Kensington North in a healthy, natural state; to develop projects and activities that will maintain or restore the rivers to such a state; and to promote an appreciation and respect through public awareness and education for the beauty, importance, and environmental diversity of the watershed.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 03, 2021.