US Donations of Cash, Securities or Land
US taxpayers can support our work
with a gift that is tax deductible in the US!
Thanks to a partnership with American Friends of Canadian Conservation you can help us protect this special part of Canada with a contribution of cash or securities and receive a tax benefit in the US.
Donate via our partnership with American Friends in one of the following ways:
- Donate online at American Friends secure site using your credit card if you want to make a one-time contribution, or you can set up a recurring gift;
- Donate stocks, bonds or mutual fund shares to American Friends to avoid US capital gains taxes while receiving a tax deduction for the current value of your securities. Contact Sandra Tassel by phone at 1-360-515-7171 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions;
- Mail a check (in US funds) to:
- American Friends of Canadian Conservation
- 336 36th Street, #717
- Bellingham, WA 98225
- Send a completed, signed Grant Recommendation form together with your check to request that American Friends use your donation to make a grant to Kensington North Watersheds Association. The language in the recommendation is necessary for your gift to be tax deductible in the US.
Thank you for your support of Kensington North Watersheds Association through the partnership with American Friends!
You can also conserve your Canadian property
through a gift that is tax deductible in the US.
American Friends was created to remove the tax and legal barriers that prevented US taxpayers from permanently protecting their Canadian natural lands. Gifts of land and conservation easements to American Friends are charitable donations in the US and effectively not subject to Canadian capital gains.
Learn about the bi-national tax incentives by downloading Save Some Green: a Handbook for US taxpayers from the Resources section of American Friends’ website.
Kensington North Watersheds Association would partner with American Friends to complete your conservation gift and would be the local land steward.
Contact Executive Director, Virginia Everett, to discuss your local property and conservation interests.
Contact American Friends Program Coordinator, Sandra Tassel, by phone at 1-360-515-7171 or via email: email@example.com for information about tax benefits and the procedures for making a land or easement gift.